OTHER MATCH REPORTS:
NW and NW-PM reports on this page supplied and written by Richard Burrow NW PM secretary and WSA member.
Match Report, 8th round of NWASAC Personal Members Championship, Sun 22.9.19, Dee Estuary, Queensferry, Flintshire (19 rods).
The rain which fell during the booking period on faded so that the anglers could enjoy a dry match at this productive venue on the upper Dee Estuary.
Small tides are needed here and the flood brought eels, flounders and bass to feed over high water.
Birkenhead’s Kevin Morgans used his vast experience to turn end peg 1, near the Blue Bridge, into a winner. He also landed the best bass of the day at 41 cms.
Steve Bonner still leads the championship by one point and his consistency may pay dividends in the final reckoning.
Results (scored in continental style from 2 zones):
1. Kevin Morgans (Birkenhead), 304 pts (Zone A).
2. Carl Edwards (Bootle), 197 (Zone B)
3. Steve Trish (Bootle), 290.
4. Paul Bonner (West Kirby), 195.
5. Danny Parker (Wallasey), 232.
6. Bill Lindfield (Greasby), 112.
Flatfish pool: P. Warrington jr., flounder, 880 gms.
Roundfish pool: K. Morgans, bass, 680 gms.
Championship after 8 rounds:
1. Steve Bonner (Wallasey), 157 pts.
2. Carl Edwards (Bootle), 156.
3. Mike Flanagan (Wallasey), 118.
4. P. Bonner, 116.
5. John Waugh (Wallasey), 109.
6. Jim Morris (Wervin), 101.
Pairs: 1. Edwards/ Waugh, 265, 2. Steve Crowder (Wallasey) & S. Bonner, 247, 3 P. Bonner/ K. Morgans, 210.
Awaiting fixture list
For PM info
Awaiting 2020 fixture list